The World Trade Organization cites that 75% of goods globally get distributed through indirect channels, resulting in theneed and desire to get partners to sell more (and faster) is on the minds of most businesses who are looking to achieve scalable growth.
But with so many companies reliant on their partners to get their products and services to market, we have yet to come across a company that isn’t disappointed by the output they yield from their partner ecosystem. The problem is that while they are dissatisfied by the performance, they have no idea what the systemic challenges are, let alone what to do to overcome them.
That lack of visibility into channel analytics has most companies simply maintaining their status quo, and as a result, opportunities for improvements are invisible to both organizations. Gaining a clear line of sight into your partner sales and marketing activities is your first step in understanding:
- What they’re selling.Do you partners have enough training and knowledge to be able to sell your latest solution? How much time do your partners spend promoting one product or solution vs. another? Are their sales priorities your sales priorities? Are they aligning their promotional activities with your bigger campaigns?
- How they’re selling. Do they use the sale materials you provide? What content do they find most useful – videos, case studies, infographics, or something else? Do they have any awareness to the latest cloud tools that can help them streamline their own sales processes?
- Where they’re selling. Do your partners use social media to engage prospects and customers (or do they even use it at all)? Are they executing marketing campaigns you provide in the way you had planned?
If visibility into channel analytics is one problem, measurability is another. Understanding what the data is telling you, and what you should do with it is even more important. Once you find the means to gain visibility into your channel partner sales you can use it to:
- Rationalize and append your content strategy based on what’s demonstrated to be most effective.
- Show how active engagement with your brand and products, along with streamlined selling processes can accelerate partner sales performance.
- Quantify which channel marketing investments are netting value and driving revenue.
- See what content and resources are useful, and which aren’t.
- Guide partners on how to more effectively sell based on what works for other channel reps in the field.
If you collect your channel data and master your channel analytics, increased partner sales performance will surely follow. Seeing current performance will help you influence positive results in a way that is in plain view of both you and your partners.